For a prestigious multinational Automotive company, we are looking for a: POWER SEMICONDUCTOR SPECIALIST.
The candidate will work in the area of advanced engineering for Power Inverter development in the range of 50-300kW.
• Carry out technology scouting
• Propose and support innovation programmes relating to new semiconductor technologies
• Define and oversee characterisation and validation testing of components and circuits
• Provide expertise to all teams in power semiconductor technolgies including MosFET, IGBT and WBG Devices
• Provide expert knowledge in gate drive circuitry for power semiconductor devices.
• Work closely with suppliers to optimise applications and develop customised solutions.
• Co-ordinate and carry out electrical and thermal analysis for device selection
• Contribute to interdisciplinary simulations (electric, mechanical, thermal, electromagnetic, matlab/simulink)
• Liaise and support external contractors and institutions involved in Innovation programmes.
• Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering
• Expert knowledge in power semiconductor devices manufacture and application experience in Inverter design
• State of the Art Wide Bandgap power devices and driver circuitry
• Good knowledge of CAD tools, SPICE software and related simuation tools, preferably Matlab/Simulink
• Good competence in the use of measuring and laboratory instruments
• Fluent in English
Locations: Turin area